Sunday, October 25, 2009

I must be nuts!

I swear I must be nuts.  I hate change, I need quiet in order to work, and I hate clutter around me. 

I’m guaranteed to have complete chaos in my life for the next several months.  I’m walking into the lion’s den and I’m doing it willingly!  We’ve decided to enlarge the studio!

We’re going right through my design wall and into the attic space!  At the top of the stairs,  where you see the “Arnie” quilt, will be the future French doors leading into the new addition. 

Studio Corner

The trouble with additions is everything; from the architect, structural engineer, permits, construction and the noise.  Oh no not noise!

I’m taking it one day at a time.  I’ll be showing you progress along the way.  The actually “destruction” should start in about five weeks.  In the meantime Brigette and I are working in chaos already.   She calls it the transition stage.  I don’t have words for it yet, and I haven’t told Bitsy and Chelsea although I think they suspect something is up. 

 

Anne