Saturday, September 5, 2009

School Days, School Days

All the wonderful spools are back in stock! I’ve added this cute 6” wood spool. I actually had a few the first time but they are so cute I couldn’t part with them!

Wood Spool

Aren’t you glad it’s Labor day weekend and the 5th of the month all at once! I for one, am excited. I have so much planned for this weekend. It involves sewing, and more sewing!

I’ll be watching the Law and Order re-runs, or shows I’ve taped during the week. Shows like Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, and The Mentalist! Criminal Minds ? Tell me some of you like that show. Do you think I’ll get my yo yo’s mixed up if I watch Criminal Minds while sewing?

When I’m writing patterns I need absolute quiet, but when I’m sewing, it’s a different story. I love to watch TV and catch up on shows. What about you? Do you sew with quiet, TV, or music?

Have you download block nine of “ A Tisket, A Tasket” yet? It’s ready on my web site.

Block nine is a very smart Scottie dog. He walks the children to school, and carries a basket filled with apples for the teacher!

If you’re working on this quilt please show me your blocks ! Post them on flickr and join our group! There are some CUTE, CUTE blocks and quilts coming together!

September Applique Block

September Redwork Quilt

And now that we only have three months left I can show more of the quilt! Don’t you wonder what the last three blocks will be?

A Tisket A Tasket

A Tisket A Tasket Redwork

You’ll have to wait until next month for October. In case you didn’t know October is my favorite month of the whole year!

Are you doing the wool version of this quilt? Don’t miss what my friend Anne has done this month. Her quilt is looking pretty cute. Gotta love those prims ( I even gave her a prim color for her name)!

Have a great weekend everyone! Sew away if you get the time!

Hugs,

Anne