Monday, August 17, 2009

Sewing with the French General

No posts for almost a week?  I can’t help it!  I’ve been sewing with the general.  The French General, Kaari Meng!  No, she wasn’t really here, but her fabric was. 

French General Book

Kaari, do you realize how popular you are?  You with this gorgeous Moda fabric line called “Rouenneries”? The name is so French, and this wonderful fabric has been so much fun to design with!

 French General Fabrics

I’ve never designed a block of the month that used one fabric line exclusively.  Now I have!  Kaari’s fabric is the only line in my newest block of the month.  And the pile of fabric that you’ve seen all week…

Studio Mess

…has finally turned into a quilt!  I’ve designed and prepared the entire quilt using the spray starch method of appliqué.  I can see what each block will look like before it’s appliquéd in place. 

I’m writing the pattern, refining the drawings, and then block by block it will leave for Bend, Oregon where my friend Anne will do her magic and complete the appliqué and embellishing.

 Embellishment closeup

You know how I love to embellish!  Velvet ribbon winding up the stem of this design, and all those little points she gets to turn under.   Anne will love me for sure! If you don’t hear from her for awhile you’ll know why!

I’ll finally get a chance to list the vintage spools this week, and the rick rack is back in stock now!   Think of me in front of this computer, all week long. 

Have a great day everyone!  Here at Bunny Hill we’ll be busy, but we always have fun! Another block of the month is almost done! 

Hugs,

 

Anne