Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Home never felt so good…sleeping in my own bed, with my own pillows.  Oh the comforts of home after a very long trip!   I arrived home to a bouquet of beautiful flowers from my assistant Brigette, a nest with two new baby birds outside my back door, and kisses from Ross and all the pets. 

Beautiful Flowers Home from market 001Baby Bird

Return from market 001-1 Take Me Bag 013

wool picture 001 I have jet lag on top of jet lag.  Staying up for 24 hours after leaving the Eastern Time zone hit me really hard yesterday.  This morning I woke up at 4:30 Pacific Time.  Just couldn’t sleep so I got up.  I’ll be glad when my time clock is adjusted. How long does that take? 

Market was so much fun!  I had lots of laughs with Pam who declared a war when she found out I had been at market for two days before her and blogged photos.  Lots of laughs over silly things.  I met so wonderful customers, saw lots of old friends and made new friends too! 

So many people came into my booth to thank me for the free basket blocks.  I head story after story and they were wonderful to hear!  Barbara brought along her basket blocks to show me! 

Pictures 251

Pictures 253

 

 

 

 

 

And Jane in Virginia, this photo is for you! 

Pictures 280

Here I am just after signing the Breast Cancer quilt that Homespun Hearth is going to auction off.  You can read about it on their blog The Quilter’s Vine.  It was such an honor to be asked to sign!

Pictures 233 

And here’s the beautiful Tammy Tadd and Jennifer just after the announcement that Tammy’s shop will be in the next Quilt Sampler magazine!  Congratulations Tammy!

Pictures 228Vicki Bellino and I announced that we’ll  have a joint quilt design featured in an upcoming issue of American Patchwork and Quilting…we are SO excited!

Pictures 337 

In my next post I’ll show you what was in the package from Carrie and Miss Rosie, plus LOTS of other designer photos.

Pictures 152

Hugs all! 

Anne