Sunday, April 5, 2009

It’s Basket Day!

It’s April 5th and that means basket day at Bunny Hill!   Block number 4 of “A Tisket, A Tasket is ready and you can find the free pattern here.   I’ve filled the basket with a chocolate bunny and added a little wool chick! 

Block Four Applique Photo

The bunny fabric is the brown check from “Sultry” by Moda Fabrics, # 30167-15.  I used the wrong side of the fabric for the arm and the back ear.

Here’s a sneak peek at the sashing I’m using to finish the quilt.  It’s from the Howard Marcus line “Legacy” by Moda fabrics # 46033-12.  I fell in love with this fabric and there’s not a block in the quilt that doesn’t go perfectly with it.   Very vintage and very pretty!

Sneak Peek Row 1

I’ll be giving you the outer border soon so you can be sure and get fabric if you want it. 

Here’s the yardage requirements if you need them: 

Sashing:  1/2 yd
Sashing posts:  1/4 yd or 1 fat quarter
Inner border:  1/4 yd
Outer border:  3/4 yd
Binding:  3/8 yd, or 3/4 yd bias

If you’re working on the redwork version we’re sewing ours together now.  It’s just so cute! 

Redwork block 4

Row 1 with sashing redwork

The sashing and posts are from my very own Chelsea Manor fabric line!  The sashing is # 1938, Color 8.  The posts are # 1945 Color 88.  I’ll be choosing the rest of the fabrics for the redwork quilt very soon in case you want to purchase fabric while it’s still available.

And no, I didn’t forget about the woolies out there!  If you want to see the wool version go to Cottons 'N Wool!  Anne’s in charge of the “woolies” and I know she has a version you will love. 

Have a fun Sunday everyone!  Happy quilting & stitching!

Hugs,

Anne