Monday, April 6, 2009

If you love bunnies

It’s bunny week at Bunny Hill!

If you love bunnies this week is for you! You’ll find a bunny or two in each of my posts.  It’s spring and bunnies are everywhere so I can’t help myself!  They fill the catalogs and the stores.  What’s a bunny lover to do?

Saturday a little package arrived that completely overwhelmed me with the thoughtfulness of the gift.  DJ LeVan sent me a little Steiff bunny!  Just look at her!  Isn’t she the sweetest thing ever?  And if you don’t know DJ LeVan, well I don’t either, but she’s a kindred spirit for sure!  I “met” her when she placed and order with Bunny Hill and I helped her with her order.  I’ve collected bunnies for years and this is my first Steiff bunny! Thank you DJ!

A gift

Want to make something with bunnies?

If you like the brown Chelsea Manor fabric you’ll love making this little bunny picture.  It’s so easy!  It has the Chelsea Sutton seal of approval.  She’s partial to the brown fabric so she’s very excited. 

Bunny Picture I found this little frame at Home Goods.  They have so many to choose from, but I had something in mind when I choose the pink one!  It has a 3” x 3” opening that’s perfect for a the Chelsea Manor bunny! 

Here’s how I made it:

  1. From the Chelsea Manor large bunny print, fussy cut the bunny fabric 2” larger than your frame opening. For the 3” x 3” frame, I cut my fabric 5” x 5”.  Center the bunny before you cut, and draw the cutting lines onto the fabric with a pencil.  (Tip: Use the glass from the frame to preview how your picture will look.)
  2. Cut a piece of flannel or batting the same size as the fabric. 
  3. Lay the fabric, right side up, on top of the flannel/batting.  Center both on top of the frame back, and bring to back as shown in picture below.  Pin to hold in place.
  4. Double thread a needle, and stitch from side to side until fabric is secure; stitch from one side to the other, tie off and bring the next two sides to top.  Stitch from side to side again, trimming fabric under corners to reduce thickness.
  5. Insert into frame and enjoy!

Back of frame (2)

You’ll want to make one of these bunny pictures to go with the new pattern coming soon from Bunny Hill!  It’s called “Uptown Baby” and it’s the simplest baby quilt ever!  I’ve added a pink flange and a soft pink border to frame the brown bunnies from Chelsea Manor.  You can make this is a weekend!  Picture + quilt = perfect gift!  In pink and brown what uptown baby wouldn’t love this? Have a little boy?  Make it in brown and blue!  Uptown Baby

More to come soon.  We’re busy, busy getting ready for market! 

Hugs,

Anne