Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Don't miss these!

There are So many great magazines and books out right now I can hardly keep up with all of them. I love going to Barnes and Noble and searching the magazine section. And then there are the books. I could spend hours in that store.

Here’s a few of my new favorites you might want to pick up. These are “keepers” that will have a place on my shelf.

“Stitched in Time” by Alicia Paulson from Posy gets Cozy has to be the most delightful craft book I’ve ever read. Not that I “read” most craft books but this one I read from cover to cover. The pages are filled with Alicia’s wonderful writing style writing. The projects are simple and sweet. It’s the perfect book for beginners or the more accomplished. She not only designed the projects and wrote the book, but she also photographed it too! Charming is the word that comes to mind. A keeper!






The premier edition of "Where Women Create" is wonderful! If you liked the book you will love this magazine. And here’s the best part…this is only the beginning. There will be more! I went to www.stampington.com and subscribed.

If you read my market posts you may remember that I met Kaari Meng at market. She owns the French General in Hollywood California. Not far from me! Any one interested in taking a class together? She has the table all set for us! She'll have her first line of Moda fabric at Spring market. I know I will want her fabric!






One of the best Christmas craft magazines this year is Better Homes and Gardens “Holiday Crafts”. It’s FILLED with great crafts for the holidays. A designer friend of mine, Karina Hittle from Artful Offerings is featured throughout the book! You will LOVE her projects.



What could be cuter than "Sweet Treats"? I'd use these for party decorations anytime! Imagine a table set with these.

Have you tried English paper piecing yet? I haven’t, but after seeing this quilt by my friend Vicki Bellino from Bloom Creek on the COVER of the February issue of McCall’s I may have to try it. She swears that it’s addictive and the magazine teaches you how to paper piece. (Vicki likes to make her projects portable so she substitutes “finger pressing” for the ironing part). Just look at her quilt! It’s gorgeous! If you’d like to purchase a kit just go to her web site. She’s may be sold out, but she can refer you to a shop that still has some.





So you can see I've been busy reading. Oh my how did we get so MANY talented people! Aren't they wonderful? Keepers, each and every one!