Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tired of Leftovers & Can we please pick a winner?

Tired of Thanksgiving leftovers? Not Chelsea and Bitsy! These girls are just getting started. They had their own roasted chicken with rosemary and sage for Thanksgiving dinner! They are not particularly fond of turkey so a chicken went on the menu. They've had chicken sandwiches for the past two days and today Chelsea was suggesting chicken soup. It's out of control around here. Completely out of control.

So, did you think I forgot about choosing a winner for the trim? Of course I didn’t, it’s just that so many little things came up today and they amounted to a big chunk of my time. Like what you ask? Well, my husband was getting the Christmas decorations out of the garage, and he went to move his 32 Ford out of the way, and heaven forbid he should come into the house to get the keys, so it rolled into my new Saturn parked on the street. ROLLED I kid you not! The Saturn has a dent, the ford has a dent and I’m about to give my husband a dent to match. I can’t make it too big because he does the shipping. And then who would make that soup for Chelsea? I want to hear him explain all this to the insurance company.

Here's the package of trims I promised......and I'll announce the winners right now! Opps, did I say winners? Well the truth is there were SO many wonderful comments I couldn’t just leave it at one winner.

The first winner is Rachel Rabbit! This is one talented rabbit (I mean lady) that will put the trims to good use for sure! She’s just announced she’s going to have a baby! A baby! Check out her blog to see how “cute” her announcement is. Not that I’m partial to rabbits or anything like that. I adore her blog. And she can use the trims for all those baby things.

I always have a soft spot in my heart for the first person to leave a comment, because you know they usually don’t get chosen in these giveaways…so the second winner is Louise who left the first post. Louise not only left the first post, she participated in the magazine giveaway for “our” Julia in Germany. Everyone had so much fun in that giveaway! Louise thank you for being you!


And I'll leave you with pictures of Thanksgiving at our house. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and actually the whole weekend has been good...even with the car thing!

These crystals were my husband's grandmothers. They now hang on the chandelier above our dining room table. Not only are they beautiful, but I feel as if we are continuing on a tradition.





Our centerpiece was pumpkins and squash in a black wood bowl. Then I noticed that bitty bird just had to join in!






The squash soup was delicious. I'll share Brigette's recipe soon. Not a spoon left, and what a treat the warm soup was!




The table was set, and the tablecloth was brown gingham check fabric from Bunny Hill. If I had the time there would have been brown check napkins too!



I'm in love with Turkeys, glass ones that is! I collect them and they go on display at Thanksgiving.



I forgot to serve the cranberry relish. There was so much food no one noticed!

Just before Thanksgiving my grand-daughters came over and we made this dessert tablecloth. We took a big sheet of pink craft paper and cut it to fit the table. Michaela wrote the words (I mean word) "Thanksgiving" in the biggest letters she could and then we all colored them in.

And dessert? The Caramelized Walnut Tart was as good as it looks, and the pumpkin pie was the best I've ever had.

Congratulations to our two winners! Just email me your address and you will have trims! Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!