Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hi Everyone! Wishing you a wonderful start to this holiday season with a very Happy Thanksgiving! May your table be surrounded with family, friends, wonderful memories, and of course good food! Times are hard in America right now, but each and everyone of us has something to be thankful for. Just look around, I know you'll see something. (:

I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving. My son and his girlfriend will be here from Germany and she has never had the experience of an American Thanksgiving with all the traditional foods!

A cook I am not, but I try my best every Thanksgiving. I’ve never been one to whip up a homemade pie at the drop of a hat, or cook a magical dish that brings raves at the table. But I do know the basics. Set the table and decorate? This I can do. This I LOVE! And so I’ll get out the good china, clean the red glasses and make our table special for the occasion. I try to use what we have to decorate the table.


On the food front I have a thanksgiving coach this year! It’s my friend and Bunny Hill helper, Brigette! She’s a wonder in the kitchen…a chef like no other. I’m taking instructions from her. She’s suggested a menu, and somehow I talked her into actually making the pies! She went from offering to make the crusts to an offer of two pies. I'd be a fool to say no. So it's pies a la Brigette!


Here's the menu we came up with:


Don't feel badly if your not having a vegetable display at your house. It's actually a vegetable tray from Costco, but how could I write that on the menu? (:

So I'm off to start cooking. I'm doing as much as I can ahead of time. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Bitsy and Chelsea send their wishes for a happy thanksgiving too! Just wait until you see what they are having for thanksgiving dinner. Shhhh...don't tell the vet.

Remember to add a comment to the last post. We have a drawing on Saturday!