Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm a Quilter

My three favorite words...I'm a quilter. The sweet sound of the sewing machine, the feel of the pins in the fabric, watching a quilt block come together as I stitch and press. Ah, this sweet passion called "Quilting"! Isn't it wonderful? I know I will never tire of it. I hope you feel the same way!


Today was the first day in a very long time that I could finally return to it. The tedious task of pattern writing is finished for the moment, and the little block you see below represents a sigh of relief, and a feeling of contentment. It's this thing we call "Quilting"! Who knew a little 4" pinwheel block could mean so much? (:




And here's the thing my husband will never understand...you don't have to actually quilt the quilt to be called a "quilter". Don't you love it?

For a quilter, possessing fabric is as much fun as making those little blocks. By the time I had returned from quilt market this little package of Renee Nannenman's new line "French Farmhouse" from Andover was waiting for me. Calling my name every so sweetly. It's so "French" and the packaging just makes me smile. Renee is the owner of Need'l Love Designs, one of my top ten favorites.

And then a few days ago another wonderful package arrived from Renee. It's tiny little prints called "Itsy Bits". Tiny little basic prints every quilter can use. I hate to open this it's so pretty, but yes, I'll be doing so very soon.



So tomorrow I'll make more pinwheel blocks, and happily listen to the sound of the sewing machine because American Patchwork and Quilting said it best...

Hugs to all you quilters out there!