Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's Doll Dress Week!

Holly's having a party and you're invited! She has 13 designers playing with doll dresses! That's right, we've all been playing dolls LOL!

We each created a quilt block using Holly's new line of fabric called "Doll Dresses"! We began with Renee Plain's little dress pattern and you can too. You'll find it here . Just take her basic pattern, look for Holly's fabric in the stores very soon and have some fun! There's no end to what you can do. And wait until you see the finished quilt! It's so cute! Follow Holly's blog to see the blocks and then the quilt! Here's my little doll dress...



I love embellishments so I made an apron with pockets. Then I added a scissor button in the pocket. This little doll is obviously a quilter. Add some lace, gingham ribbon and some tiny buttons and the dress is ready to go!


And speaking of dresses, look at these vintage "Dolly Dingle" paper dolls I found from the 1920's. Don't you love them?








Everything old is new again, and my grand-daughters LOVE this game. You can find one here for the little girl in your life.



Be sure and join the fun! It's doll dress week!