Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take the camera off auto!

I know I'm not alone. Those of us who are scheduled fly to Houston in five weeks for quilt market are all wondering what will happen. Everyone I've talked to thinks that Texas will show it's strength in amazing ways and Houston will be back to normal. I have a feeling they might be right. So we wait to see what happens.

And I can't help but wonder if any of those beautiful houses I showed in my last post are still standing. My heart and prayers go out to those who have lost so much.

Holly from Lakehouse has something fun planned and you'll be seeing this little logo popping up on designers blogs right about now. It means they each are doing something special that I know you'll enjoy! Everything Holly does is fun, so get ready!


Today I took my camera off "auto"! That's right, no more auto can you believe it? I've signed up to take an online photography class from Jessica Sprague. I really want to learn how to use my new Nikon camera and I read about her classes on another blog. It just looked like so much fun! I waited and waited for the next class to open and when it did I signed up right away. So here you have my first photo taken without a flash, and a very low shutter speed. I tried all different settings to see what would happen. Never would have tried this without a class! It's so much fun!

As for the little bundles of my angel fabric, they are going to Karen in Sunnyvale, California. She's been waiting a very long time for this fabric! Angel Houses is due to ship to the shops sometime in December. Seems so far away, but it isn't! And of course I'll be doing some fabric giveaways soon.

Hugs to you all.

Anne