Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's The Weekend!

Ah, weekend sweet weekend. Just me, Mooch, Chelsea and occasionally Bitsy in the studio.






I love the weekends without any plans. The ones where I can sew, catch up on projects and do what ever my heart desires. Not all my weekends are like this, so when I have one I take full advantage of it. I choose the most comfortable clothes I can find and I settle in for a weekend of sewing. It’s not work, it’s fun, and it’s why I work for myself.

I found a box of vintage trims I had put away in the closet. I bought this box on Ebay and it was like a grab bag. I wasn't sure what I was getting. But inside I found lots of ribbons, lace, old thread etc. It was such a find!


Then I turned on the TV and I watched the shows I've recorded over the past three weeks; 48 Hours, In Plain Sight and Without a Trace. I usually work in silence so TV is a luxury. I’m actually getting things done! I’ve been working on my new fabric line. Drawing and re-drawing again and again, letting the ideas come in and out of my head. I selected colors and then selected them again. It's not a quick process this fabric thing, but when it's finished I have such a feeling of accomplishment! I hope to have it in New York by the end of next week.


Mooch changed positions and slept some more...


And then I went blog hopping. It's been awhile since I have visited any blogs. I've missed you all! And look what I found! Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures has a new blog! It's wonderful and you can see lots of pictures of her studio. Wow Heather, it's a beautiful studio AND a beautiful blog! Heather and I both design fabric for Henry Glass Fabrics. You'll find me right next to her at Quilt Market. Visit her blog and say hi! Then be sure and get the next issue of American Patchwork and Quilting to see more of Heather! http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/

How's your weekend going? Did you make time for sewing? Did you go to the quilt show in Long Beach?

Hope it's a great one!