Friday, July 25, 2008

Fabric and Fresh Vegetables!

Fabric in production and fresh vegetables. It just doesn't get any better than that!

My first set of strike-offs for Angel Houses has come and gone. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the second set. I have to say I LOVE this fabric. I had a few color adjustments, but the fabric itself feels so wonderful. This is my first line milled in Korea and I am jumping for joy! There's something that the Korean mills do right, that makes so many American companies use them. I should have the second set of strike-offs any day now and (keep your fingers crossed for me), fabric to design with in about 5 weeks. Wait until you see what I have planned for this fabric. Lots of fun little things to make!


And wait until you hear this next story! If you ever doubt the power of a blog, don't! I just hired the sweetest person ever, and I found her from my blog! That's right, Brigette is a blog reader who is now working for Bunny Hill! Turns out she lives less than 1/2 mile from me and she is going to be putting together all those fabric bundles and things I keep promising but never have time to do! She's starting with the Japanese fabric that I used on my Angel quilt, so by this time next week we should have bundles on our web site! I have lots of things for her to do and I'm excited to have found her! Thanks Brigette! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog!


If you're playing in Long Beach this weekend at the first ever International Quilt Festival/Long Beach have a great time! It's so exciting that Quilts.Inc has brought this convention to the west coast. Many of my friends are going, and almost all of our local shops. If you're there be sure and stop by the In Between Stitches booth to see my quilts. They have kits, kits, kits available!

Some of the groups from Northern California are even flying down for the day and coming right back. Doesn't that sound like fun? I can't wait to hear all about it and see some photos. A lot of the designers I see at Quilt Market have booths. If you're going, say hi for me!

So what am I doing this weekend? Well, in-between working I'll be visiting our local fruit stands. Remember I said I lived in farm country? No, not on a farm, but there are farms all around me. I visit the local stands to stock up on the best veggies and fruits. Organic tomatoes for $2.00 lb. can you believe it? They must have 10 varieties!

The Smith Family Farm is one of my favorites and sometimes you can even pick your own! People come from all over to visit this farm and I live about 5 minutes away!


Have a great weekend everyone! Have fun at the quilt show if you're going (: