Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bear With Me!

Hi everyone!

Please "bear" with me for another few days...


I'm working SO hard right now to get a fabric line out the door and on it's way to New York. I am obsessed with getting it finished and I'm almost done. Just another day or two and it will be on an airplane, hopefully carefully tucked inside a UPS plane. I like to think they have a special compartment for Express mail. If you work for UPS tell me it's so.



Until then I've found a few "left-over" photos for you to see. Not that you should have "left-over's at all. You deserve so much more dear readers.


Here's a photo of a guest room in our house in Bend, Oregon. We've made the decision we are going to sell this house and maybe find something a bit closer to home. If you have a magic ball and can forecast this economy, please let me know. And if you've always wanted a house in Bend, Oregon and you have a house in California you want to trade...


The quilt on the wall is the original "Confetti" quilt dating back to the early 1930's. If you love this quilt you can make one! You'll find the pattern on my web site. The bed quilts are from Eddie Bauer so no, I don't have a pattern. The pineapple bed is my husband's great grand-mother's.

Hanging on the wall in this room is one of my first attempts at machine embroidery. When embroidery machines first came out I HAD to have one. I bought the Janome and believe it or not I used it! I made this picture by repeating an embroidery pattern 4 times. Then I hand-quilted around each design or should I say I "tried" to hand quilt around each design. ( :

And my very favorite bunny in the whole world used to reside in our Bend house, but I just brought him home. He now resides in my studio. He's filled with Tanya Whelan's new fabric "Ava Rose". You'll see this fabric in a future Bunny Hill pattern.

Bear with me....I'm almost done!