Tuesday, June 3, 2008

In Love with this Fabric!

Moda Fabrics has a new colors of solids and I just had to order some. They arrived in the mail yesterday and when I opened the box I actually said "wow"! These are bright, colors in Autumn shades! Not my usual style for sure, don't you agree?

Well, I'll let you all in on a little secret. The success of a good design is often tied to colors like these. Bright , contrasting colors, used in small amounts can bring a quilt to life. I've seen it happen time and time again. So when I look at color I no longer say, "oh I hate that green"! Instead I say, "I wonder how that will look as a vine or a pumpkin?" (Yes, you can have a green pumpkin) It takes an assortment of colors to make a good quilt and it's good to keep a stash of wonderful solids like these.

Just look at this stack next to Renee Nanneman's new fabric from Andover! I bought two of each of these little bundles at sample spree because I fell in love with this fabric! It's her new line called Meadowsweet. Renee does some of my favorite books, Need'l Love http://www.needllovedesigns.com/. You'll see this fabric in one of my designs for sure!


The next time you visit your local quilt shop, buy yourself a fat quarter of assorted solids. Keep them in your stash and try them in a quilt. You'll be glad you did!

Gotta go put these in my stash!