Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Things are Coming and Going

The last few weeks before a quilt market are the most exhausting and yet the most exciting. It's a scramble to see how much can be packed into one day, how many quilts can get finished and how many patterns completed. And the UPS man just keeps arriving and arriving.

Today the UPS man brought printouts of the beginning of my next fabric line. Pieces of paper that represent my drawings, thoughts and ideas, brought to life by my fabric company. I'll give you a hint...this fabric line is strictly for little girls...No boys allowed. (:



Yesterday the UPS man arrived with bolts of the brown check fabric from Flowers for Emma. Guess where these are going? These will be the new drapes for the Bunny Hill booth at market! They'll be stitched into drapes, pole covers and assorted other things, sprayed with fire retardant and then shipped to Portland where my Bunny Hill team will gather, pull and fluff this fabric till it's just right!

See the sketch in the picture above? (Ok, I know you can't actually SEEEE it. I did that on purpose. Duhh!) Nireko and I are working away on this quilt and 3 of the 9 blocks are almost done. It's so exciting to see it come to life from the drawings that we started with. It's my new Christmas Block of the Month and after having the flu last week I am ready for a Christmas miracle! Do you think we can get it done in time?


Then today a package arrived from my friend Anne Bryson in Oregon. She's been putting together a new quilt for me and the pattern is called Cabins and Cottages. No, you can't see the cabins because those are in another version of the quilt. These are those log cabin blocks I showed you WAY back in another post. So if you love shabby and think you'll want to make this quilt, get yourself a fat pack of Simplicity and several charm packs of Swell, both from Moda Fabrics. The pattern will be available in six weeks (:

Hugs today for all of you. I'm feeling better (: