Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nothing like timing!

Yesterday I was working away in my studio, patting myself on the back for how much I was accomplishing when the door bell rang. It was the UPS man. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the two big boxes of fabric from Henry Glass. Of course my husband wasn't home so I drug them in the door, and started unpacking. The end result is my studio is now piled high with stacks of my Lollipop Lane baby flannel. STACKS! Waiting for me. Calling my name even though I only have 4 more weeks of actual design time. I know I'm not alone. Lots of designers are still waiting on fabric. This is sample yardage that comes in advance of the actual bolts. I have boy bunnies, girl bunnies, pinks, greens, yellows and blues. The cutest combination of soft, 2 ply flannel just for baby so I'm not complaining, but...

It's supposed to get up close to 90 degrees this weekend and I'll working with flannel. Wanna come help me sew? Bring a fan please.