Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A New Day!

It's a new day at Bunny Hill and I have to say it feels SOOOOOOO good! So what happened to make it such a great day? Well, my friend Mary Jane sent me words of wisdom..."you don't have to do as many patterns as you said". Who would have ever thought those words could have so much power? Thank you Mary Jane! You're my little angel (:I've spent the weekend locked in my studio, up at 5 AM every day, fabric messes all over, paper after pattern paper laying who knows where. Then yesterday it happened. I was rushing to get another tote bag pattern done (notice I said another?) I sewed the lining together and forgot to add the interfacing. Rip, rip was the sound you could hear. Then I added the interfacing. Sewed it again, squared the corners and then realized I had forgotten to add the pockets. By now I'm looking around for the men with the straight jackets to come carry me off.

And then Mary Jane sent me that email. Oh the power of words! The tote bag has been put aside until after market when I can enjoy making it. What a HUGE relief! To think that I don't HAVE to finish it now! You aren't going to leave me if I don't, right? What was I thinking? It's that thing that takes over every designer's head just before market. MARKET BRAIN! If I could just get through one without it! Just one!

And to remind me what is important in life, I talked to a customer last week who runs a bunny sanctuary. Yes, a bunny sanctuary! She takes in bunnies from the shelters. I loved talking to her, it's a cause after my own heart. Then look what she sends me in the mail! Carrot cookies! Are these not the cutest thing you've ever seen? Needless to say I've munched a few (:

Not to mention that spring is here, and I live in farm country! It's the area where a lot of your fresh produce comes from. There are "fresh strawberry" signs all over right now and look at what my husband brought me! Beautiful berries, fresh picked, right from the farm. Oh what more could I ask for?


Like I said, it's a new day at Bunny Hill!