Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's raining deadlines!

Hi everyone! I'm feeling a bit stressed because I have so many deadlines looming right now. I know I said I'd be doing the "tag" blog, and I will...just not until I get through these current projects. So stay with me. I'm still here!

So how stressed am I? Well, I've resorted to machine applique in order to get this project completed. I know you are all SHOCKED! Don't worry, I still love hand applique and it will always be my favorite, but there are times when you just have to get it done faster than your little hands can do it! I love this machine applique so much I'm going to do a tutorial for all of you when I get a chance. It's amazing how fast you can get done, and even more amazing how it looks! I never use invisible nylon thread. I use DMC 50 wt. machine embroidery thread in both the bobbin and the top. Look at how those stitches just sink into the fabric! I had this block done in one evening!

Here's something else I've learned about my newest fabric "Flowers for Emma". Sometimes you're so close to things you can't see the forest for the trees. I spent so much time drawing this main fabric that I never thought about cutting it up into blocks. I was only thinking of it as a main focus print. But when I desperately needed some four patch blocks I cut it up and look at the result! I have four patches with swirls, birds and all the colors I love!

Don't feel too sorry for me having deadlines and work to do. The one you should feel sorry for is my little Bitsy girl in the photo below. She's trapped inside this helmet for another week. She's doing much better so I guess it's worth it.


Hugs to you all!

Anne