Friday, January 25, 2008

Look What Arrived!

Look what the UPS man brought me yesterday! It some of the advance yardage of my new line "Flowers for Emma"! I was so excited I gave him a big hug. Poor guy, after carrying this heavy box of fabric he probably needed it! Nothing could have made me happier than to get this advance yardage in my hands! Yards of the most beautiful pink, green, brown and blue gingham checks in two sizes! And even better it's a woven fabric! That means it's the same on both sides and wonderful!

I've been waiting for this fabric to come because it's the key to tie "Miss Emma's Garden" to my new line "Flowers for Emma". Both lines are designed to work together and work they shall! I can't wait to get started designing! I should have the remaining advance yardage within the week and then I can surround myself with fabric. My husband would say "so what's new?"

I can't take all the credit for this check fabric, because it's not like I sat down to draw all the checks! I just said to my wonderful fabric company, Henry Glass Fabrics, to please give me a gingham check in "these" colors and "these" sizes and ta da! Here they are!

Now I wait everyday for the UPS man to bring the rest. He's starting to think I'm a nut! I will have a VERY limited amount of advance yardage available for designers to work with. Please email me if you'll be at spring market and would like to make something from these fabrics. I can't promise I'll be able to get enough, but I'll sure try.


Happy Gingham Friday everyone!

Hugs,

Anne