Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gifts of Time and Family

Tonight is a special night for us...it's the first time our Grand-daughters are spending the night at our new home. It's only about 1/2 mile from where they live, but our lives have been so crazy that we haven't been able to share much of our time. As I look at the stack of presents in the closet still waiting to be wrapped, and the list of things to do, I realize that the real gift of Christmas is time spent together creating memories. So tonight we will create some Christmas memories at our house. Absolutely something we should do more often, as the time seems to just fly by and before long they will think of a night at grandma's house differently!

So, as I tuck my girls into bed tonight I'll say a little prayer for more time, more memories and that they will be able to fall asleep before Grandma does!

From my sweet friends Barbara and Nancy, I've received some gifts I will treasure forever. I wanted to share them with all of you. They remind me of home, and the memories inside...

My friend Nancy came by last week with this beautiful advent calendar from Germany! It's now the center decoration on my dinning room table. It's one of those things I will treasure every year, and think of her every Christmas!


In front of the house I placed these 3 little rabbits from my friend Barbara. They are perfect on the table and another thing that makes me smile.


This was a gift from Barbara from last year...a pefect ending to this post!

Tell me how you create your holiday memories and maybe someone else will start a new tradition !

Hugs to all!
Anne