Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Computer Generated Thanksgiving

I was telling my friend Anne how I had to make my Thanksgiving shopping list and that I couldn't even think of what I needed. She said she keeps hers on her computer, and then just prints it out at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well a light bulb went off in my head and I got so excited! What a genius idea! Granted it could take a little time to make the list, but Christmas is right about the corner and I know I'll be cooking once again... So type, type, type went the keyboard. Not only did I do a menu, I created a food list and then put all the recipes in the same document. One click on print and I handed my husband a grocery list like no other. The items on the list are even arranged by the section of the store they are in! Easy right?

Well, lets just say as I started cooking this afternoon, my husband returned to the store 4 more times for things not on the list. On the second trip he said he wasn't going again. On the third trip he asked if I was SURE I hadn't forgotten anything else because he REALLY wasn't going back. He even told the lady in the check-out line that he would NOT be back. But by the time he got home I was making the pumpkin pie and I realized I left off the can of Libby's pumpkin. So back to the store. The lady in the check out line felt so sorry for him she gave him a free loaf of bread. Don't worry, I'm going to update my list as soon as I finish this post!

So tomorrow when we all say thank you for the blessings in our life, my husband will be at the top of the list! I have so many other things to be thankful for, including all of you who are reading this. May your holiday be filled with love, wonderful memories and full tummies. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hugs,

Anne