Thursday, September 27, 2007

Trying to Type


Block Number Two
š Charlotte’s Ribbon š


Now join your hands and with your hands your hearts
~ William Shakespeare


This is exactly how I'm feeling right now. I'm working on the part of designing that I like the least...writing the patterns! It's this tedious little nagging thing that has to get done, but it's never really fun and I'd much rather be quilting! Every time I start this process I feel like the little symbols you see above by the end of the day. I mean look at them! There's a little ambulance in there and question marks, and some kind of megaphone. So are you wondering what this says? Yes, it actually says something! It's that silly font called Webdings. Blogger doesn't offer many fonts, and this is actually one they offer. How silly is that? Here's the translation...


Block Number Two
Charlotte’s Ribbon


Now join your hands and with your hands your hearts
~ William Shakespeare


So what is block number two? Well, it's giving me a writing challenge! I'm laboring on how to tell you to do the ribbon...it's not always so easy! I mean the ribbon is easy, the directions are not. (:

So now that you've seen this block go to our local quilt store's web site and see if you can pick out my very first quilt. http://www.thimblecreek.com/designersquilts.htm?PHPSESSID=e9b27a5dd1cd9d1ef7894715326cc746 Thimble Creek is having such a fun contest! Every designer in our area brought in their very first quilt and you have to match the quilt to the designer. I guarantee you will not be able to select my very first quilt! This is just too funny!

Back to work...(: