Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Summer Day and A Blog-able Feast!

Oh my gosh, what a story I have to tell you! Who knew that applique and cooking go together? Here at Bunny Hill they really do...especially on a summer day! (I know, it's a little late for summer, but remember I live in California!)




It was one of those really hot




I put on my

and my new pink and I was ready to go!



I left my in Discovery Bay.

The were sailing




and the were singing.




The sun was shining, not a drop of rain in sight!

No need for my



I thought about going to the



But then I remembered!

Holly over at Lakehouse http://www.hollyholderman.typepad.com/ is having a blog-able feast and I have to make a dessert! How could I forget? Maybe all those little applique blocks I've been working on are giving me freezer paper brain!
I need a break because I've been a little lately!

So cooking might be good for me!



So, I found some and cracked a few and now...




I'm happy as a ! What you say? You can't see the little pictures well enough? You'll have to wait until I'm done cooking, cleaning, and resting up from cooking! Tee Hee!





So bring on the scrumptious Peach Cobbler . It always makes my family happy! (:






Serves 8


Heat oven to 400 degrees.

3 pounds ripe fresh peaches
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup water
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter softened
1 large egg





Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole. Peel and slice fresh peaches; place in greased casserole. Stir in lemon juice.

In 1 quart saucepan, stir together brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add water, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over peaches in casserole.



Set aside 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. To prepare topping, in medium-size bowl, stir together remaining granulated sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in butter and egg until a soft dough forms. Drop spoonfuls onto peach mixture (topping will spread as it bakes). Sprinkle with reserved 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.



Bake cobbler 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling bubbles. Cool slightly on wire rack. Sprinkle with additional granulated sugar, if desired. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.





Bake at 400 for 40 to 45 minutes...





Ta Da! Get out the ice cream and let's eat! (: