Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Treasure of a Day!

Off we went early this morning, Chelsea in the front seat and furniture dolley in the back. On the hunt for treasures for our new home. Treasures that don't cost a lot and look like they did...and look at what we found! A shabby chic buffet for $175.00 and a crystal lamp for $26.00! I promptly placed it against the dining room wall and now it's waiting for pictures and accessories. Decorate it I shall! The lamp needs a slightly larger shade, but that should be easy to find. I'm just so excited!

To make my day more of a treasure, when I got home a package was waiting from my good friend Anne Bryson. (Yes, she's my assistant, but my friend first.) Seems she went shopping at market and bought this pattern from Barri Sue at Bareroots http://www.bareroots.com/. Then she came home and made me this darling little candle mat, in pink check wool, with bunnies! Does it get any better? The little pink jar I added, filled with buttons, came from Target...shabby chic bathroom section. Perfect for this little vignette! Thank you Anne!