Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Hurry up it's almost here!

Six weeks and counting before things have to be shipped to International Quilt Market. Everyone in the quilt industry is busy, busy, busy and has what I call "Market Brain". It's a weird thing that happens to all of us going to market. We loose control over our lives, become obsessed with getting just one more pattern completed, work like there is no tomorrow and drive everyone around us crazy. Be glad you don't live with a designer. It's impossible and we drag our family and friends right along with us to the funny farm.

I'm working as fast as I can to "prep" all the blocks for another applique quilt and today I can see an end to this design. It's taken lots of cookies and popcorn to get me through, but maybe today, or at least by tomorrow I can send the blocks to my friends to be stitched in place. Another Bunny Hill Block of the Month will be on it's way.

To add a little more chaos to my life we are moving in the middle of all this. I really think I must be nuts. Or, maybe it's the opposite and I'm a genius! I've somehow managed to sew away while everything in my life is being put into boxes and moved. Without our little get away home in Oregon I could not have pulled this off! We have 3 weeks in-between houses and at least we have a place to stay.

So for me it's hurry up and for my husband it's please slow down! Before we leave our cottage house I have to share some photos of the beautiful roses growing all around that little house. Don't worry, I'm bringing lots of roses that I have growing in pots to my new house. My very favorite is called the Audrey Hepburn rose. I couldn't leave Audrey behind.

The new people moving into our cottage are the perfect people! They will treasure it and take care of the roses. I have no doubt about that! So let's not forget to enjoy the roses while we can. They are ready to boom and show off to a new family!