Friday, February 9, 2007

It's raining fabric and quilts!

My Sweet Baby Receiving Blankets

It's the time of year that things get a little crazy. Spring market is just around the corner and my life has become a mass of fabric, threads, projects, paperwork and quilts. When I said I worked on one project at a time, that would be in my perfect world. Right now I am working on 7 different projects, 2 new fabric lines, and a booth for spring market. So how do I keep sane? I whine and cry to my friends. "I'm going to be more organized next time" I say, "You say that every time" they say. And so it goes, because you can never plan on all the unexpected things that come up! It takes a lot of help to accomplish what I do, and without my friends it just wouldn't happen. Thank you my dear sweet friends (you know who you are) and get ready for some applique blocks to stitch for me. (:

My Sweet Baby needed some receiving blankets and so I have the ones you see in the photo. They are backed with flannel and finished with rick rack or lace. I'm going to tell you how to make these very soon. It's another free pattern, but the instructions are still in my head. I'll get them on paper before you know it and then you can make some for your sweet baby. The little blankies in the picture were made by my friend Janis Stob. More things made by Janis coming up soon!