Saturday, February 10, 2007

Inspiration is everywhere!

Strawberry Hill in progress

It's a rainy day and I am ready for spring! What could say spring more than a quilt called Strawberry Hill? The fabrics are cheerful and I am having so much fun! I wish I could show you more, but everything just before market is a secret.

I always say that inspiration is all around us, you just have to be open to it. Strawberry Hill is the perfect example! It was inspired by a customer who came into my booth at Fall market. By the time we were done chatting, I had a new quilt idea and a new friend. Kindred Spirits we are for sure, so Strawberry Hill is for Gloria.

I design my applique blocks using the starch method of applique. I can see it coming together as I work. By the time the blocks are all "prepped" I know what the finished quilt will look like, and then it's off to be stitched. How fun is that? The stawberries are calling...gotta go!