Sunday, October 18, 2009

Goodbye Fall Market 2009!

The Bunny Hill staff had so much fun at market! It’s like coming to a party after all the hard work getting everything ready. So many friends, memories, laughs, tears, and exciting things happen.

Brigette and Nancy were on a mission to find a Michael Miller Nome tote bag. As always, when they combine energy, success follows. Here they are in front of the Nome at the Michael Miller booth. I’m really surprised this guy wasn’t on the airplane with us on the way home!

DSC_0539_1625

This market was also a bit sad for me. I said goodbye to Henry Glass Fabrics. My last line of fabric with Henry Glass, “Petite Maison” will be in the shops soon. It’s a sweet line, and the little houses on the main print were all adapted from my Autumn House quilt.

My Houses on fabric

As we close one door, another opens. I have a line of fabric, premiering at spring market, with a new fabric company. More on this as we get closer to market.

Walking the aisles reminded me I never tire of market. Never. There were fewer exhibitors this time. Sad to see, but the ones who were there, put their hearts into everything they did. The booths were amazing!

Kaari Meng from The French General, came by to see the block of the month I designed with her fabric. I heard she was out visiting all the designers who used her fabric. Isn’t that sweet?

Kaari and Anne

She named her newest fabric line “Rural Jardin” and my quilt is Le Jardin. A complete coincidence I swear! She left me with a beautiful flower made from her new fabric! It’s now on my inspiration wall in the studio! Thank you Kaari!

French General Flower

We flew out of Houston Tuesday morning, with suitcases filled with so many things. When we got to the airport I was frisked. Yes, me! They said it was random, but pleeeeease. My iPhone was around my neck when I went through security and it set off the alarm! I was doomed.

While I was being frisked, Brigette (who, I might mention, had rice vinegar in her carry on and it went right through security), was dancing around taking my picture.

And so we said goodbye to Fall market 2009. It’s good to be home after market. The exhaustion sets in for a few days, and then the planning for the next market begins.

I bought a treat at sample spree for one of you. I’ll be giving it away soon so stay posted.

And if you’re in the “market” for wool, all of our Weeks Dye Works wool is on sale at 25% off on the web site. I’m streamlining and making some changes. You benefit, but quantities are limited.

Back soon,

Hugs,

Anne