Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Hope you’re  having a great weekend.  I LOVE weekends.  I usually play catch-up on weekends; the interruptions are fewer.   How about you?  Do you get to do some quilting or something fun?

I’m excited this weekend because my grand-daughters are coming for a sleepover!

I’ve got a simple embroidery project planned for them.  This will be their first, and  I hope they love it!  It’s a little hard to teach two at once, especially when one has a shorter attention span, but I’m going to give it a try.  Puppy-opoly

Later tonight, after a nutritious pizza dinner, you’ll find us all at the kitchen table playing Puppy-opoly!  Doesn’t this look like a kick?

Moda FabricsFor those you have been asking for the same fabrics I’ve used in my Tisket a Tasket block of the month a few layer cakes have arrived.  I’ve added the Beach House and Aviary layer cakes to my web site under fabrics.  You’ll need one of each.  I’ll have the border fabrics later on. 

Here’s a little tip that might help in choosing your  fabrics.  I selected the 12 basket fabrics and “auditioned” them on a piece of paper.  I cut little squares of each, taped them to the page with double-stick tape, and then changed and moved any I didn’t like.  You can see my sketch pad peeking out in the photo above,  just enough so you get the idea.  This is a great way to make sure the fabrics you choose will work together. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Hugs,