Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My most creative, admired designer and business woman of the year!

We all have people we admire and thinking back over the past year and there is one designer I admire the most. I'm voting her my "Most Admired Designer and Business Woman of the Year". Who did I choose? Amy Butler!

Looking around my house, I realized I have almost every book she's written, and I walk past her booth at market with a sense of amazement. The simplicity of her style is so inspiring! According to my friend Nancy, she's a modern day Laura Ashley with a different, updated style. She is charming, intelligent and sweet; add to that talent that has no limit and you have a 6ft. beautiful designer.


Yesterday Brenda sent me this video from MSNBC called "Who needs Banks?" Give it a minute to load. I think you'll enjoy it!


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26526805/vp/27751572#27751572

Did you watch it? Didn't you love it? If you're thinking of starting a business she gives the best advice you can get. Start small and grow slowly.

Oh, and a bit of advice from me...always stay true to yourself! Find your own style and create from that.

Remember to sign up for my newsletter. I have some fun things starting in January and you don't want to miss them! Just go to http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the home page.

Two days left in 2008 and then ta da!!!! We start fresh! I can hardly wait!