Friday, May 23, 2008

Market, Day One

My favorite time at Quilt Market is an hour before it opens to the public. It's the time I can get out of my booth, walk around and see what everyone else has done. The booth displays, the designers and the creative ideas are so inspiring. It's fun to meet old friends and just see everything there is! This post is my "ode to Quilt Market", part one, in photos. (:

Beautiful Portland and the back of the convention center. See those trucks? (Enlarge the picture and get your magnifying glass out!) That's the loading dock. When I first started designing I never thought it would include working from a loading dock! Who knew?

The Lecien booth featured their fabric designer and quilt designer Yoko Saito from Japan. Her quilts are a work of art, and Lecien actually sold several of her patterns at their booth. From what I understand they lasted about a minute before they were all gone.

Just look at this beauty. Yoko has two different fabrics as her background and where they join she has appliqued bias stems.

A close up of Yoko's quilt showing the quilting. This photo you HAVE to enlarge. It's hand quilted and absolutely amazing! How I wish I could have met her, but I understand she not only designs fabric and patterns, she also owns a quilt store in Japan.


Moda Home always has a wonderful display showing all their new items. I really wanted to take home that little framed house you see in the background. It could have become the Bunny Hill Annex!


Here's the main Moda booth showing the little cubes filled with bird houses and birds. Birds are quite the theme this year. Who knew? I've got to get with the program! As for the quilt? It's from Sandy Klop at American Jane!

Close up of the birds. The houses are covered in fabric!

Laurie Simpson and Polly Minick, two sisters who design for Moda Fabrics. I LOVE their fabric and I used their "Winter" line in "I Believe In Angels". After I got home a note arrived from them thanking me for choosing their fabric! How sweet is that?

Anna Maria Horner and her now famous chairs! She's as sweet as she looks. You can read all about these famous chairs on her blog at http://www.annamariahorner.blogspot.com/ . Thanks Anna for letting me take your picture!

The beautiful Amy Butler and her simply gorgeous booth. It's a work of art to see. I embarrassed myself when I got her mixed up with Heather Bailey. I know, I know, how could I? But,they are both tall, beautiful and talented. Amy was very gracious and pointed out to me that she didn't have a blog. So I took this picture and moved on with a red face. (:

These two I could never get mixed up. This is the famous Karen I am always hearing about http://yellowfarmhouse.typepad.com/ from "my" friend Anne. I really have to watch "my" Anne because she LOVES Karen's blog, house, decorating style, quilt style, writing style, Christmas decorations and well, you get the picture right? She LOVES everything about her. Anne doesn't realize it, but I know why. They are two peas in a pod! Anne is just like Karen. Now if the other Anne only had a blog!

Stay tuned because my next post is "Ode to Quilt Market" part two. A few more pictures and the final post in a series. Then I HAVE to show you the treats I got in the mail...I'm so lucky!

Hugs,

Anne