Monday, January 7, 2008

What's She Doing With That Fabric?

When you think of Bunny Hill you don't think of darker colors do you? Surprise! That's right, believe it or not if you look at some of my patterns I've used darker colors a lot. How about "Patchwork Pines"? http://bunnyhilldesigns.com/store/products/details/?product=w1075 It's for all those customers in snow country.

I actually love darker colors in a quilt. It adds richness, contrast and most important, fun . Here's a sneak peak at a new design I'm working on using the wonderful log cabin block! I've joined two Moda designers together to make this quilt...hope they don't mind! Knowing how nice they are I doubt they will (: I'm using "Hemming House" by Brannock & Patek and "At Water's Edge" by Blackbird Designs. One line is giving me the dark colors I need and the other is giving me the lighter colors I need. Of course I've added some surprises so you'll have to wait to see the finished quilt.

A traditional log cabin quilt block with the red center signifying the heart of the cabin or home. Don't you wonder how many of these blocks have been made? Think about it!

Of course it helps to have a beautiful box to keep your fat quarters in! I wish every box came with crystal feet!

So, now this little quilt is off to Oregon where Anne will work on constructing those log cabins and the other surprises. I may not get it back because she LOVES the darker colors. No, the box does not travel with the fabric!