Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's Raining, No It's Pouring!

Can anyone tell me if a Chihuahua that weighs 5 lbs. can get blown away by winds of 60 to 75 miles per hour? Seems to me that could happen! How about a dog that weighs about 9 lbs? How about a lady that weighs...ha!...nevermind...I think I'll be fine. In case you haven't heard we are having a HUGE storm here in Northern California. I'm sure all of you living in snow country are thinking we don't know what a storm is, but 8 to 10 inches of rain in 3 days is a LOT of rain! Soggy, muddy, wet, slippery, gloomy forecast. A good time to stay inside I say!

So while it pours, I'm starting new things. Today I started working on a new fabric line for spring market. It will take me several weeks to pull it together, but the process is so much fun! I have a special pencil I like to draw with. It makes very fine lines (3mm.) and I can get great detail with it. So out came the sketch book, the erasers, my special pencils and then soon will follow the Bristol Board and paints. And with a lot of luck, a few good pencil lines and some help from the art staff at Henry Glass, I will have gone from this...

...To this with another fabric line! This print is from "Flowers For Emma", the companion fabric line to "Miss Emma's Garden"!

If we don't get blown away by the wind, I'll post again soon! Soggy hugs from Northern California (: