Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Holiday Decorating

It's our first Christmas in our new home and I'm just getting "acquainted" with the house! It's not like we have a history yet, and so it's hit and miss with the decorations.

Our living room chairs just arrived this week, so I actually moved the Christmas Tree from the dining room to the living room. I "moved" the tree by dragging it on the old quilt it was sitting on, by myself, the minute my husband left for the post office. No explaining why, no listening to that "you've got to be kidding me?" thing he does, (no honey, I've never been kidding once so why do you keep asking?) By the time he got back it was moved! I told him to go into the living room and see if he noticed anything new! Yes, he was surprised, but he likes it! Did you notice Bitsy enjoying the new chair? She made herself right at home as soon as I moved the tree! Now how is that for cozy? One smart dog.

Spunky, our 16 year old cat loves the chairs too. She thinks we bought them for her and I think she might be right! She and Bitsy each have their own chair. It's the old folks home at Bunny Hill!

I collect lambs and can't resist when I come across a new one. Did you notice that it's pink? (:


Here's a fun idea I got from my assistant Anne...take plain white Christmas balls and paint snowman faces on them. The eyes and mouth are done by dipping the solid end of the brush into paint and then just making little dots for eyes and mouth. So easy and cute. One year I had a craft party and we all made these little snowmen. A glass jar filled with snowmen makes everyone smile (:

I've got more holiday things to share...next post!