Sunday, December 2, 2007

Holiday Decorating

So many blogs feature wonderful holiday decorating, but the best by far is Jennifer's blog http://www.theoldpaintedcottage.blogspot.com/ . She's had a contest for the the best decorated holiday home and the winning home is to die for! Click here http://theoldpaintedcottage.com/cottagemonth.html and it will take link you right to the winning home. Enjoy the photos, then scroll down and click on the slide show. You'll get pictures of the 5 runners up! Wow, must have been hard to choose the winner because they are all so beautiful! Jennifer's own home was just featured in the current issue of Romantic Country Magazine. It's stunning! Another must have magazine. (:


As for my own attempt at decorating...pitiful after seeing those others, but I wanted to share "All Things Christmas" above the day bed in my great room. It's not often that I get to enjoy my own quilts! This one will leave soon for another shop, but for now it's part of my own Christmas decorating. The tree you see isn't my main tree...it's my little feather tree and every year I decorate it with all my childhood ornaments1

Happy decorating everyone!

Please excuse the way the photos enlarge for now...blogger is having a problem and they are working to fix it. If you are blogging through blogger, when you click on the photo to enlarge it you get a drop down box that says "open" etc. Hopefully this will be fixed soon!