Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Quilting brings us the best friends ever!

I love the quilting world! LOVE IT! I have made the best friends ever because of quilting. It's a magical circle, and the more you stitch the more friends you will make! I promise you this: if you go to a quilt class with a smile on your face, before you leave you'll have a new friend. Keep going and you'll have a list longer than you ever imagined.

Quilt designers are amazing too! Support, encouragement, fun, laughter and a shoulder to cry on is the reward for having friends in the design business. I met Brenda Riddle of http://www.acornquiltandgiftcompany.com/ almost 2 years ago at market and now we are the best of friends.

Yesterday the FedEx man rang the doorbell and delivered the most beautiful spring tulips and little bunny just for me. From Brenda! A thank you for being a friend. Now where else but the quilting world would you find friends like this?

Look at what Brenda sent me!

Today more surprises arrived at the door. Pam Kitty Morning look what my friend Anne brought me this morning when she arrived to help me sew! How on earth are you going to top Starbucks?

Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate and a Cinnamon Roll from Anne Bryson.

Anne and I (yes it's Anne and Anne and we both answer to Anne) spent the day working on pillows and we had to quit because we were almost asleep on the samples! It's market madness right now and I need all the help I can get. Anne comes over with her iron and starch in hand and we spend the day covered in fabrics and freezer paper. Now, if I could just get Starbucks to deliver! Hey, there's a great little business idea!