Monday, February 26, 2007

Don't count your chicks...

Don't count your chicks before they hatch...but I can't help it. I'm counting! Our house in California just sold last week, my husband is packing and moving everything to storage, and I am here in Oregon sewing away. Most of you might think this is great...let the man pack and the woman can sit and sew. It's how life should be right? No, no, no! Never let them into your sewing room. So far all I've heard is how much "stuff" I have.

The conversation goes something like this: "do you know how much stuff you have in that room? There's more stuff in there than there is in the rest of the house combined. I have no idea how many magazines one person can have, but that closet has hundreds...and the binders. Unbelievable!" You can see where this is going. Wait until he gets to my old Martha Stewart tapes. I taped all of her old shows and they are in the closet too. It's not like I'm going to watch them anytime soon, but who can throw out Martha? Not me!

I swear if we get through this move it will be a wonder of the world. Today he put my $600 InDesign software program on top of the car while he was packing, forgot it was there and ran over it. I never said a derogatory word when he confessed to me. Not one! So in the future when he tells everyone about my sewing room, I'll just remind him of that little mistake. Little does he know, I want a studio like Heather Bailey's http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/ Poor man. How fast do you think he can paint?