Sunday, December 24, 2006

Collecting

Queen of Collecting:
I have officially been crowned the queen of collecting by my grandson. You aren’t really a collector until someone with such authority says so. When he made the announcement at Christmas when we were alone in the kitchen. It’s a good thing, because if my hubby had been there this story could have gone on forever! My grand-son decided he would like to own my rooster collection some day. I agreed, thought about his future wife (can’t you see it?), and then decided it was time to weed out some of my collections.

We are moving to a larger house next year, leaving our little cottage. We will be in a house double the size we have now, and surely I can part with a few things! Can’t I? I’m sure I can don’t you think?

A few of my collections:
Roosters
Rabbits (go figure)
Snowmen (see photo below)
Chocolate Molds
Old tablecloths
China (vintage, new, chipped, & worn)
Mercury glass ornaments
Little glass jars
Pincushions
Postcards
Sheep
Cats
Sewing machines
Books
Magazines
Old quilts
Fabric
Fabric
Fabric, did I say fabric?