Sunday, January 10, 2010

Linen

I’ve got this “thing” with linen lately.  Well, not lately, I guess I’ve always had it.  But now that  French General linen is available from Moda I’m a bit more obsessed than I was before.  I love linen and I’ve spent the weekend with it!
I made myself a linen heart sachet to hang in the studio.  Something simple.  Something linen. 

Linen Heart
It’s hanging on a wall next to my computer, from an old window. 
hearts on wall
And then I made a new prototype bunny from my pattern “Five For Brunch”.  She’s linen of course and I gave her lop ears. 
Linen bunny
I added a little apron, a flower garland necklace, and of course a bunny wouldn’t be a bunny without…
Bunny Tail
…a polka dot bunny tail! I’ve added directions for the apron, necklace and lop ears to the pattern. 
Bunny Closeup
I’ll be teaching this bunny on March 5th at Thimble Creek in Concord, CA.  You can make her in just one class. Join me if you can!
And to all of you who read my blog, please stay with me as I work out the changes that are coming.  I’m getting a new “look” and possibly moving my blog to Word Press.  Change is very scary, but I think it will be worth it.  My web site already has a new look and a few more changes are coming to it too.  Many surprises are coming in 2010!
And I haven’t forgotten about the rick rack tutorial for “A Tisket, A Tasket”.  Next post I promise. 
Have a great Monday everyone!  I’ll be back soon!
Hugs,
Anne