Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Miss Emma Came for Christmas!

December 24th and yards of my newest fabric line, Miss Emma's Garden, arrived at my door! Enough fabric for me to make quits, pillows, table runners, placemats, pillowcases, sheets (well maybe not sheets, but you get the idea). It's so much fun to get lots of fabric after skimping for so long! Fabric companies ship a limited amount to work with in advance. The remainder of the fabric arrives by boat months later, goes through customs, into the warehouse and out to the stores! Yes, "Miss Emma's Garden" is shipping to stores!

To add to my excitement, I opened this present from my assistant Nireko and I couldn't believe my eyes! She took two of the prints from my collection and made a sewing box for me. A sewing box like no other sewing box. First she designs the box (she actually makes the box herself), then she meticulously covers it with fabric and adds a bit of padding on top. Everything fits together perfectly. The inside of the box has a tray that comes out so you can keep larger things underneath. Oh my, I love this box! Thank you Nireko from the bottom of my heart. (:




I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday! Another long weekend is coming up! Hope you have a chance to sew a bit, shop the internet sales and do some more sewing. I plan on sewing for sure! My fingers can't wait to sew. I'm been going through withdrawl!


Hugs,

Anne