Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Bowl of Cherries

If life were a bowl of cherries, I swear mine would be a bowl of plums. Not too far off but just enough to make you wonder. Do you ever feel like that? Right now I'm just shaking my head and trying to laugh. (:

We have a new house. A new house should = everything works. Not so, I guarantee you. For the next two weeks, I have the pleasure of having various workers painting ceilings and replacing hardwood floors. Did you know if you don't put a hardwood floor down properly over cement it will actually come up? Who would have thought? Certainly not the men who originally laid the floor. And how can you forget to paint a ceiling? It's pretty funny. I forget a lot of things, but if my job were painting, I don't think I'd forget the ceiling!

I'm working away in my pink studio with chaos downstairs. Since they had to move all the furniture, I took pictures of all my bookshelves so I could remember how I arranged everything. That's smarter than the average ceiling painter!

I'm off to puppy school with Chelsea...have to get out of the chaos. I'll leave you wondering how this little hat will fit into an entire quilt. It really does, and it will have a button embellishment too! If only I could live in my studio life would be a bowl of cherries.