Monday, January 1, 2007

The ups and downs of a New Years Day!


Happy New Year everyone! I set my alarm to get up early today. I may be the only one who does this, and my husband just can't believe he is married to such a nut! Everyone else is still sleeping, tucked snug in their beds. We don't party on New Year's Eve. It's a good thing! You can't appreciate the wee AM if you've been partying all night. I poured myself a cup of coffee and curled up on the couch with one of my favorite magazines. Someday you have to try it. There is something very special about the first sunrise of the new year. Goodbye 2006 and hello 2007!

Now to write in my new pink journal! I have a passion for anything pink and I found this beautiful pink journal at http://www.seejanework.com/ This is a site you should only visit if you've paid your credit card bill. Today I can finally start my writing in my journal. I've been looking at it for a month and I have this plan to write everything in the pink journal so that I can always find my notes. My first organizational attempt for 2007!

Tonight we take my son and his girlfriend to the airport where they will board a plane for Germany. It's always hard to say goodbye. I'm sure I will cry on the way home. They will visit in Germany for a few days. From Germany they will travel to Portugal where they are working on a very large solar project for another three months. Then it's off to Spain for the start of a new project. Maybe by next Christmas they can return for a visit. I am so thankful for the time we have together. Saying goodbye is hard, but saying hello again is wonderful! You can't have one without the other.